Men, if you’ve been thinking about growing a mustache, now’s the time to do it.
To honor Men’s Health Awareness Month, the Groveport facility and the other SK locations will be decked out in blue. Our goal is to inspire men to place a higher priority on their health. The goals of this month-long celebration are to raise awareness and encourage routine screenings. Prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health are the three main issues that SK wants to bring to attention regarding key issues pertaining to male health.
To ensure we do this, we will have a mobile health center on site that will offer our associates primary care. Our associates will be able to have their blood sugar, blood pressure and even physicals done. The mobile health center will help SK associates to schedule or receive a referral for vision and dental appointments. Since our associates’ health is essential to us, we will provide them with fruit and other healthier options in our breakroom.
We will also advertise gym memberships. From the Planet Fitness app or going directly to the gym, our associates will be able to exercise from 15 minutes to 1 hr. We want to show that being physically active can improve your brain health, help manage weight, reduce the risk of disease, strengthen bones and muscles and so much more.
We invite everyone to join us. So grow that stache and tag us in your facebook and instagram posts with #skstache or #movember. Together we are stronger and better equipped to make a difference.
What you can do:
“Wear blue, Live Healthy” Join us in promoting Men’s Health!
Why Men’s Health Matters:
- Early detection saves lives
- Raise awareness about prostate and testicular cancer
- Support mental health and suicide prevention
- Help schedule health appointments.
- Make a difference in men’s lives.
- Fun and educational experience
- Vendors are offering men’s wellness services.
- Men’s health-themed decorations
- Wear blue to show your support.
- Raise funds for men’s health causes.
- Offer healthy food options.
- Gym memberships and wellness events
- Encourage healthy habits among employees.
Learn more about the Movember movement