SK Food Group is committed to quality in the production of our products. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities follow approved quality and safety plans from the start of production to finished delivery. Our plants are inspected daily by a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) inspector, based at our facility. Our Canadian facilities are regulated and regularly inspected by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). To insure adherence to all interstate product labeling and shipping laws, our facilities are regularly inspected. Additionally, as part of our food service program, our facilities are inspected by a variety of federal, state, and local agencies. We also welcome regular 3rd party inspections by our client companies who conduct independent audits.
In-House QA Team
Our HACCP certified, in-house Quality Assurance (QA) team manages our quality assurance processes and performs strategic checks throughout each production day. QA inspects incoming ingredients and finished product for quality and specification verification. A full-compliance team, QA literally follows each product from build through delivery, helping to guarantee safe and consistent products.
- Complete HACCP and Quality Assurance plans are in place
- Plant safety is a key priority in all our facilities and we have a robust safety program that is supported by extensive third party audits
- Reno and Columbus plants are SQF 2000 Level 3 Certified
- HQ Fine Foods and Deli Chef plants are SQF 2000 Level 2 Certified
- Compliance audits are routine throughout the production day; they are conducted by on-site inspectors (i.e. USDA) and our Quality Assurance staff
- Our Canadian facilities are regulated and inspected by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Internal inspections are conducted within the established HACCP plan.
Integrity and Safety
Known for our leadership role in the industry, we take an active role in ongoing scientific testing and food production safety. Working with our in-house team and independent laboratories and consultant groups, we are committed to product purity, safety, and integrity.
Our plants, designed in tandem with leading food and technology experts, are custom-built processing facilities. Each facility contains support warehouses, coolers, freezers, dry storage, and multiple docking bays that ensure our products are delivered in a timely manner.
We are able to handle signature and all natural meat and non-meat products as well as unique Custom Private Label Products ingredients. Our facilities all meet and/or exceed all federal, state & provincial and local regulations. They are USDA or CFIA certified and inspected and are supported by a trained staff with expertise in production, quality assurance, and sanitation.